It is our intention that all pupils:
- Find Music an enjoyable learning experience.
- Listen attentively, evaluate and to appreciate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions.
- Are encouraged to participate in a variety of musical experiences through which we aim to build up the confidence of all children.
- Are empowered to make musical choices, especially in creating, composing and structuring.
- Develop their ability to understand rhythm and follow a beat. Through singing songs, our pupils learn about the structure and organisation of music.
- Develop descriptive language skills in music lessons when learning about how music can represent feelings, emotions and narratives.
- Use technical vocabulary such as volume, pitch, beat and rhythm and are encouraged to discuss music using these terms.